Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TAnchorman says: Stay Classy Northrop


[Note: In this post we would like to introduce someone who we hope will join in from time to time and help us moderate and report on the tanker debate: Tankerman.]

Thanks TWB but please read the prompter correctly, its spelled TAnchorman.

What do you think this is? Amateur hour?!

Anyway, today I would like to reiterated what I have said on a number of occasions, I don't believe an ugly fight between Northrop Grumman and Boeing is good for America. It also misses the point since the true enemy is Airbus.

We all know my friends at TWB have been very hard on EADS, Airbus' parent company, because EADS can not be trusted to be good economic or defense partners.

I am very disappointed to find that Northrop Grumman has decided to counter any questions raised about EADS by handing out fliers attacking its competitor and stating "Boeing has a long history of criminal misconduct".

Sweet Lincoln's mullet that's getting ugly!

Regardless of this attack, I have asked that Boeing not reciprocate by publishing their list of NG missteps because I believe it serves no purpose. As I have stated before, we all understand that companies have employees who have behave badly from time to time. What makes EADS unique in this discussion though is that the French or German governments rarely hold it accountable when its actions are detrimental to the US.

Also, I would like to take NG to task for putting the corporate front group Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) up to naming two of the tanker critics as "Porkers of the Month". Maybe it will score some points in Mobile, but everyone in this town has a pretty good idea on KC-30 team money to CAGW. Son of a bee sting! That's not fair to two elected officials who I believed have supported you in the past.

Besides, Airbus can fight their own battles. Here is a nice zinger just reported today:
“I think they [Boeing] are competition-averse, period,” Allan McArtor, chairman of Airbus Americas, told The Hill. He said the production of the commercial aircraft in Mobile will break Boeing’s monopoly in the United States.
Thanks for the aerospace industry insight Airbus, I'll be sure to lead with that story on the evening news.

Now as for you NG, like I said, "You Stay Classy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for clarification, Boeing wasn't acting in a very classy manner when they proceeded to trash the city of Mobile and the area's residents, even though they had considered building one of their plants here a few years prior